Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Human Configurations

One of the hardest decisions of a dog is to determine the right configuration of humans.

When I was just a pup, I thought I would try a configuration with just one human. But I ended up being left by myself for long periods of time.

I tried a configuration with two humans, but I found I did not get enough walks.

Currently I am experimenting with a configuration with three humans. One human feeds me. Another human grooms me and takes me on short walks with tennis ball play. The third human does longer walks with frisbee play.

I have a few auxilery humans that I use for additional walks in the mountain.

I have found that being in a big pack of humans is really fun for a few minutes ... but it gets awfully exhausting.

Anyway. things have been working out okay. I've fallen into a regular pattern

I've been hesitant to say this in public. But I have been feeling on top of the world. I hestitant to say this because, in dog lore, it is bad luck to feel too comfortable.

Time and time it happens that, when a dog thinks she's on top of things, the whole world falls apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment