Sunday, February 7, 2010

Retriever v. Receiver

I took a lot of flack for yesterday's post on the Super Bowl.

I've sat at the foot of my human's recliner watching this so-called football game on TV. All I can say is the humans have the game completely wrong.

In football, a human called the quarterback throws a pigskin to a person called a receiver, who catches it. This part of the game makes sense to me. I am super good at jumping into the air and catching.

I realy love catching tasty things and a pigskin sounds tasty to me.

After catching the pigskin, the receiver tries running to an arbritrary line on the playing field called a goal.

That's where they get it wrong. I am a Labrador Retriever. What you are supposed to do is run back to the human who through the pigskin. I have an instinct for this type of thing. When the receiver runs towards the goal, it is being a bad human, just as i am being a bad dog when I run away with the Frisbee.

The humans in the other colored jerseys are correct in trying to knock down the bad human.

My name is Coco. I am a dog, and I approve this message. If you don't like it. Bite Me. I bite back and have bigger teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment