Friday, September 4, 2009

Chewing on the Laces of the Law

In my last post, I brought up the point that I happen to have a lawyer.

His name is Doug.

With Cass Sunsteen as the new regulatory czar, there is a lot of talk about the legal rights of animals.

I find that the best way to keep regular is to have multiple walks a day. So, I am really excited about having a regulatory czar interested in my rights.

Now, the dog/human contract says that I am to get three walks a day. I am to get that along with three big bowls of kibbles, treats for being good and belly rubs on demand.

Quite frankly, I think my humans have been lax on the three walk a day thingy. At times I think that, if I knew how to count, they would be in big, big trouble on the walk deficiency.

I am not sure if my having a lawyer has helped me in the dog walking equation. Some times, my evening walk comes late, and I am about ready to burst when we get to to dog park.

Here's the thing. Having a lawyer only really helps if one is willing to use that lawyer. I am such a good little doggie that I spend most of my doggie time trying to smooth things out in the pack that I often forget about myself and my own needs.

Perhaps it's just me being silly, but on the rare occasions that I see my lawyer, I simply jump up and down on him and chew at his shoelaces instead of engaging in more serious conversations about my rights as a dog and the responsibilites that humans have toward their dog.

I hope my humans read this blog and chew on the walk deficit in my life. I hope that my lawyer Doug drops by some day so that I can can chew on his shoe laces.

I wander if Cass Sunsteen has a little doggie who chews on his shoe laces.

No comments:

Post a Comment