Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Update

My last was about my relaxed Easter Morning.

I guess I should tell you the whole Easter story, because Easter Evening was anything but relaxed.

On the wall of our den is a strange coiled snake like thing. The snake thing has a strange survival strategy. It makes a loud ringing noise that the humans find compelling. It will make the ringing noise then spend the next several minutes wrapped around the human's head feeding off their ear.

Anyway, my relaxed Easter was shattered by the ringing sound. The snake thing then wrapped itself around granny's ear for several minutes. After that things got really frantic.

The humans started moving everything around and cleaning up surfaces in the home. Things were thrown in the oven and on the stove.

I was attacked by a vacuum cleaner.

Vacuum cleaners are really scary.

The hectic pace kept up for several hours, then suddenly there was a knock on the door and minutes later the floor was crawling with little humans.

I had smelled most of these humans before, but the two tiniest humans were new to my snout.

There ended up being seven little humans, and six big humans.

The tiniest human was really just the size of a half grown pup. I really didn't know how to respond to the little human. Two other humans held me as I sniffed at it introduction. The tiny human then grabbed both of my floppy ears, the proceeded to do the most bizarre thing.

The tiny human put the tip of my snout in its mouth.

In all of my dog years, none of the humans had put my snout in their mouth.

The other humans laughed and pulled me away.

A little bit latter the tiny human put my front paw in its mouth.

The little humans are scary, but there was a really big Easter meal. I discovered that the little humans were more prone to dropping food than the big humans, so I hung out around the little humans.

It was all very frantic, and I was much relieved when it was all over. But, you know, I think I like being in a big pack of humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment