Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Remember Mom

Happy Mother's Day!





Although we were separated as a pup, I still remember mom. She was the most glorious and wonderful doggie that I had ever known.

I was from a rather large litter, but she gave us each individual attention and special full body licks.

The thing I remember most about her was her size.

She was as big as a wall.

As big as a wall I tell you!

I've never met a dog as big as she was.

She was a big furry wall with these wonderful fountains of the most delicious tasting white liquid I ever tasted.

It was even better than a meaty bone.

There was so much going on back then that I kind of lost track of how we got separated.

I remember being with mom and with a big pile of other puppies. I remember clutchy grabby pink hands.

The next thing I remember was being all alone.

Sorrowfully alone.

I eventually had to gather together a pack of humans for survival. I've been in survival mode ever since.

Jealous that they never got to feel the love of a mommy dog, the humans engaged in a smear campaign against my mom.

One of the humans even went as far as to say my mom was a bitch!

Can you believe that?

How dare they compare my mom to a cranky woman!

I know, deep in my puppy heart, that my mom was the most wonderful dog ever.

So, wherever she is, I wish mom a Happy Mother's Day.

For that matter, I wish a Happy Mother's Day to all moms of the Mammalia Class ... regardless of of species.

No comments:

Post a Comment