Sunday, December 13, 2009

Scratching the Itch

One of my fans asks: "Coco, I noticed that you often scratch your ear during moments of quiet contemplation. Does your ear itch?"

This is a good question. I would like to say that scratching my ear helps me in my contemplation. But, the truth is that my ear is pretty much the only place that I can reach with by back paw.

My paws, you see, have these really wonderful toe nails that are perfect for two things: They give great traction when I run through snow. They are also the ultimate tool for scratching.

I happen to have springy rear legs that are super fast. I can scratch at a rate of upwards of 50 strokes a minute.

The only problem is that I can only reach a few select points on my doggie body.

With such wonderful scratching instruments strapped to my hind quarters, I figure I should scratch any place within reach of my hind legs as often as I can simply because I can do it.

My name is Coco. I am a dog and I approve this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment