Thursday, December 9, 2010

Frisbee Fetching Days Are Over

Joint Support PlusDoc says my knees are shot, and that this little doggie's frisbee fetching days are over.

A lab is the best of all doggies. The one problem is that we suffer a genetic predisposition to arthritis.

In my puppyhood, I would jump for the frisbee so high that I thought I would never land again.

It was glorious.

Anyway, I went to the vet yesterday and got an x-ray. My humans thought I was limping because of my snake bite ... but I shook that off months a go. An x-ray showed damage around the knees. So, the doc put me on a regimen of Joint Support Plus with a megadose of Glucosomine.

I still run like the wind ... so I think I will concentrate on swimming and hikes in the woods.

Who knows, maybe with some physical training and rehab work, I will still be able to work in a frisbee fetch or two. So, I'm keeping the paws crossed and hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment